Customer Engagement is an emotional connection between a brand and a customer.
Customer engagement is really important when it come to running a business. In absence of customer engagement, you will not be able to grow your business or even survive in the market.
Since it is now established that Customer is the real king who can make or break businesses, it becomes really important to keep them engaged with your brand. If the customers are engaged with your business then you have already won the half of the game.
Why Customer Engagement is Important?
There are several reasons you should keep your customers engaged-
- More Sales – One of the major reasons to engage the customers is to generate more sales. Highly engaged customers always tend to buy something from you which lead to increased sales. It is estimated that a fully engaged customer represents 23% more revenue than an unengaged one.
- Free Promotion– Customer base that is engaged with you for a long time will always promote your product or service but only on one condition, that they really like your product or service. So make sure you have something great to offer your customers each and every time.
- Illustrate More Loyalty– the engaged customer will always turn out to be very loyal. Not only will they not leave your brand, but you’d never know when a super satisfied customer becomes an advocate for your business. So always try to build a brand that customers can trust.
Here are some of the best ways to engage the customers with your brand
1 Know Your Target Audience- The very thing which you need to know is to find your potential customers. Many businesses fail just because of this point as they start targeting the uninterested audience instead of their target audience or customer.
You Can Identify Your Target Audience With These Methods.
- Know their buying behavior. You have to study their psychology of buying product and services.
- Find out their income level according to that you can set your price criteria. Based on their buying potential, you may classify them into three categories of small, medium and large.
- Find out their demographics and target them accordingly.
2. Collect their Information- After knowing your target audience, the next first thing you need to do is to collect their information. Like their E-mail, Mobile Number etc. this information will help you pitch them for your product or service.
There are several ways to collect customer’s information.
- You can use the social media platforms and can sell free services and can ask for their mobile number and email.
- You can ask them to fill the feedback form.
- You can encourage them for web registration.
- Customer Rewards Program.
3. Keep Them Informed- It is really important to keep your customers informed and let them know that you remember them and care for them. Keep them informed about your upcoming products , features, sales, discounts and other offers so they keep returning back to you for buying. In this way you can keep your customers in loop.
You can even provide them educational content as well which will help you engage them emotionally. Customers really love businesses that don’t always talk about sales but offer something of value. Educating customers on little known facts that doesn’t directly imply selling them your goods makes their trust with your brand grow stronger.
4. Make Your Customer Experience More Personalized- 80% of the customers are more likely to buy from the brands which provide them more personalized experience. When you go a step ahead in remembering their preferences that are not a part of your usual deliverables, you make them feel special creating a base for strong relations with them.
You need not do something really grand for this. Sometimes, even small gestures of using the names in your messages, does the trick. The idea is to treat your customers more individual than a group or a stranger.
These steps will definitely help you in engaging customers. If you find it cumbersome to do this manually, you could choose softwares that can automate most of this. Brands like Pel Softlabs offer some great tools that can be considered to achieve this.