Pets are an integral part of human lives. While it is true that when it comes to loyalty dogs may be our most favorite pets as these are the ones who make us feel important with their servility, birds may be a good option for someone who is a little allergic to canine animals. Having birds as your favorite pets is an altogether different experience. One of these birds could be a parrot. There is a growing popularity among bird-lovers to pet and adopt parrots worldwide. This is why; US-based bird organizations such as Ana’s Parrots and Suppliers make sure that their potential customers must get every possible parrot species such as Indian Ring-Neck Parakeet, Moluccan Cockatoo, Rose-Breasted Cockatoo, etc. Your feathered friends do not take much space in your home and it is convenient to feed them. The best part is that they are harmless.
Below are some important tips that you must consider before adopting a parrot:
1) Noisy and Messy: Birds do communicate among themselves. Sometimes it is difficult for humans to understand the reason behind their noise. Like a human infant, their crying may also be difficult to fathom sometimes. Birds such as parakeets and lovebirds can be messy also. Hence, if you have never had a parrot as a pet, chances are you should never have one unless you are comfortable and all right with their unusual noises and crying. As per Ana’s Parrots and Supplies, the situation is a little catch 22 as without adopting one, you may never be completely comfortable with him and to be comfortable with him you may need to adopt one.
2) Space: Birds like to fly high. No amount of space can be enough for parrots. Having a spacious and big cage helps them eat their food and breathe conveniently.
3) Diet: Food is the source of energy. Like humans, they do require energy to live and perform daily activities. The diet of your favorite pet may vary from bird to bird. Hence, the ideal diet for him may include grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, etc.
4) Avian Veterinarian: Birds do get sick easily. A sudden change in weather may cause them to develop symptoms of bird illnesses. Some birds such as parrots may even be sensitive to high volumes. Hence, you must have an avian veterinarian available to you, who could check up the bird before it starts showing symptoms of a disease.
5) Air Quality: Fresh air is a must for your feathered friend. Any exposure to tobacco smoke, fumes, pollution caused due to vehicles is likely to cause health hazards.
6) Budget: Before getting started to support your first pet, you must have a required budget. You must make your monthly budget beforehand. All the expenses such as diet, avian veterinarian costs, grooming costs, stands, etc must be included in it.
7) Attention: You must attend your pet daily on reaching home and going to work. An unattended bird is likely to exhibit psychological and emotional disturbances. Hence, you must never cage a pet, if you are not there for him.
Conclusion: Having birds as your favorite pets is an altogether different experience. One of these birds could be a parrot. There is a growing popularity among bird-lovers to pet and adopt parrots. This is why; US-based bird organizations such as Ana’s Parrots and Suppliers make sure that their potential customers must get every possible parrot species such as Indian Ring-Neck Parakeet, Moluccan Cockatoo, Rose-Breasted Cockatoo, etc.
Some important tips that you must consider before adopting parrots include giving attention to them, having required monthly budget beforehand, proper diet, checking them up regularly and making visits to an avian veterinarian, etc.